January 30, 2009
January 28, 2009
January 27, 2009
I just had two people flake on me for my swaps. One for the Amy Butler Bag and another for the scraps. Is anyone willing to join or is anyone willing to fill their spots??? I am leaving for job related training and need to take care of this before I leave.
I am so sorry to their partners for this slight delay, but I am on my way to finding you someone. I have to ask - if any of you are considering on backing out - YOU MUST TELL ME NOW. I cannot frantically search for partners every day!!
For the Amy Butler Bag - I really cannot have anymore people drop out. Take your time making the bag and don't worry about it being PERFECT!! If we need to push back our deadline as it approaches, we can. I am TOTALLY flexible, but I just can't have anyone else leave, or we are going to have a real problem.
Thanks for understanding. Anyone interested in helping me out or my participants out?? If not - I will take the ladies on if need be!!
January 26, 2009
January 25, 2009
I have a had a request for a friend to join the Amy Butler Weekender bag swap. I just need one more person. Anyone interested in joining us, so she can have a partner?????? I would love to give her a partner. PLEASE?????
If you are interested - fill the form out under that swap post!! Thanks!
January 24, 2009
I got the first 4 books with Christmas $, I won Alicia Paulson's book in a blog giveaway (yahoo!!!), and the last two were gifts from my husband. Awesome Christmas huh?
The first book is still with Christmas money and the other 5 I got at used book stores here in town for a few bucks a piece. Who doesn't love a good book store????
On the WTP 4 swap, I have picked out the material. It may look crazy now, but I promise you it will look great together. If you knew my partner for the swap, you would definitely say she would love this. She is bright and bubbly, so I think it will fit her perfectly!!
Three aprons I am finishing up and 16 hearts I am almost done with for a swap!! I am going out of town next weekend and training for 9 days, so I have to get all my swaps finished and mailed before I can leave!!
January 19, 2009
January 18, 2009
January 16, 2009
Let's get round 4 started!! Here are the rules:
1. You will make a Amy Butler Weekender bag for a partner assigned to you. You will be given your partner's email address in the form so you can talk with your partner in case you need some guidance during the project.
2. I will be setting something up on my blog (still ironing out the details!!) where you can leave questions, suggestions or frustrations during this project. I have heard this bag is easy to make but there can be moments of frustration. SO - we will be a bit of support group to each other to help us make this bag!
3. I will also be posting some links to people who have made the bags and discuss the bag on their blogs, in case you are wanting further blogs to research the bag on.
4. You must make the bag and also include one yard of fabric and some type of trip recommendation. After all, if we are making this bag, don't we want to take it somewhere and show it off???? Your recommendations can be a location you have been to before, a simple idea for a weekend trip (ex: check into a bed and breakfast and take a picnic somewhere) or include some travel pamphlets for some neat areas around where you live!!
5. When you are ready to mail the package to your partner, you must use the delivery confirmation option at your local post office. This should only cost you 75 cents. Then email me the confirmation number. With this being such a big swap item, I want to make sure everyone gets a bag.
6. IF something should occur that you can no longer participate, email me IMMEDIATELY. I will begin to work on an angel for your partner. IF notified quickly enough, this will not keep your from participating in our next swap!
7. SIGN UP DEADLINE: Saturday January 17th
PARTNERS ASSIGNED: Sunday January 18th
DEADLINE FOR PACKAGE TO BE MAILED: Saturday February 28th
I want to give us enough time for problems or questions, so this swap will be a month and half (roughly) to give you time to find fabric and work on the bag.
Ready to learn a new pattern and make some great new friends? Sign up using this form!
Pass the word around and let's get a lot of people to sign up. The more people participating means more people to help us through some of the difficult moments!!
January 13, 2009
January 9, 2009
January 8, 2009
VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WOULD LIKE ON THE POLL
It's that time again. I've had a long enough break - let's start the next round of voting. Let's start the new year off with a bang! Voting will start now and will stop Friday, January 9th. Let your voice be heard. The poll will be up in just a bit. Vote as many times as you like to help your choice win!!!
January 4, 2009
How things can change in a year!!! You can't see on the bottom of the baker's rack due to the bed being in the way, but I have fabric stored down there too. Sewing has taken over the spare bedroom. If you have links to your craft room, leave a link in the comments for me to check out your creative space!! Hopefully mine isn't too crowded for you!!! It seems there is always more to put in there!
January 3, 2009
January 1, 2009
Aren't they great? I can't wait to use one. I will post about the sewing books I received for Christmas soon too. Happy New Year!!!