*** The challenge is now up and ready for sign ups! Follow this link for more info!***
I know that many of you feel the same way that I do - I would like to spend some time completing some projects for ME!!! It is always so much fun to sew for others and especially to do swaps - who doesn't love getting mail. However, reading several of your blogs this year, it seems many of us have a desire to spend some time creating for our homes, our wardrobes and just plain doing the projects we all have highlighted in our numerous craft books.
That's when this challenge came to my mind!! I have been working on a list of projects I would like to complete this summer. I still owe some gifts to friends and family (I haven't forgotten you ZOE!!!), but I want to spend some time creating items for me and my husband.
So here is the deal with this challenge.
- You will sign up using a form I have created.
- You agree to do some type of crafting for yourself this summer (Sew, crochet/knit, scrapbook, paint, etc).
- By the 30th/31st of each month from May until the end of August, you will send pictures to me of the projects you made for yourself throughout the month.
- At the end of each month, I will post all the project pictures and we will vote on our favorite.
- I will take the top 5 votes each month and we will then vote the first week in September for the best project of the summer.
Even if we do not win the money, we will all finally get to make some projects for ourselves to enjoy! I am working on setting up a site for the challenge so we have one place to meet all summer long to talk and seek help if needed with projects. I hope to have the site up by today. Check back for a link.
I will take sign ups until May 15th. The sooner you sign up, the longer you have to make something to enter each month. You do NOT have to enter a ton of projects! If you only enter one project a month, that is fine. At least you made one item for yourself each month.