October 24, 2011

Love In A Mist Block

I was playing on Pinterest and found a block on there that I fell in love with.  You can go to to see what flickr user Oneygirl did with this block.  From her Flickr I was able to find the tutorial for the block - named Love In A Mist Block


Block made by and tutorial found at modifytradition.blogspot.com

This block was really easy to make, but looks labor intensive.  I love stuff like that. 


My block made from the Love In A Mist Tutorial

I made one error when sewing up the block.  I forgot to line up the points in the middle sections.  I also added a print fabric in the middle instead of the plain similar to Oneygirl's block.  I made myself one first as a test and to become familiar.  I am now going to use the orange, yellow and teal Heirloom line from Joel Dewberry to work on my secret swap partner's zipper pouch.  This is for a very special girl for the Post Sewing Summit Swap.  I am very excited to make this girl something sweet and fun! 



While making this block, I realized I also just made a star block like I wanted to try.  Who knew it was an easy block too???

I was thinking this weekend that I need to start making a block a week to push myself and to become more familiar with quilting blocks, as I am still new to this quiliting thing.  I think not so bad for one of my first complex quilt blocks - right?  I used Kate Spain's line Terrain.  My friend Kelly, who owns a fabric store here in Dallas-Ft. Worth, Stitch-n-Lounge, helped talk me into the fabric.  I have seen Terrain in projects and LOVE it, but I would look at the bolt and not be so sure.  So, I bought a layer cake and now I am obsessed with these bright and happy fabrics.  Might be some more Terrain projects being cranked out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net