June 28, 2010

My %$*&*@ Nook Holder






Yeah - this was a Tracey project. It was made with love, cuss words and seam ripping galore. I love projects that I sit down and just decide I can make. No thought to a pattern or measurements. Note to self: STOP DOING THIS!! I am pretty sure I ripped out sections of my hair all over my craft room and really yelled at myself for not thinking things through. The outcome however: I LOVE MY BAG. I didn't like any of the covers that Barnes and Noble are selling for the nook, so I made one for myself. I love the Nook. It goes to the gym with me and all over the house. I have to keep myself from sleeping with it at night. If you love to read and you love technology.... this is the thing for you!! I made the pouch from Riley Blake fabrics and I made it in a patchwork design. I have the best tutorial on how to get a patchwork design. If you are interested let me know. I will get the link to you. I use it all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic fabrics! It all came good in the end and you have a funky cover for your new toy. Lesson learned? Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! Even more I can totally relate to your frustrations. Like you I suffer from creative-itis, the condition where you look at something and think I can make that with out any instructions or a pattern. I tell myself all the time that I will stop doing this but apparently I can't help myself. Again like you the seam ripper is also my friend and cuss words are often involved in the creation process. Glad to know I'm not alone. Really your nook holder turned out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net