After I glued the buttons onto the metal barrettes (which will go in the handy holders I made from Sew Simple- I decided to tape them down to give them extra support. I can't wait to show you the final product. They will be done drying tomorrow night!!!
So- you want to make your own covered buttons? They are so easy that I feel so ridiculous for being intimidated by the process. Here is how easy it is:
1. Buy the kit from your local craft store (go JoAnn's - sorry - a girl has to be loyal)
2. Cut a circle out of the fabric of your choice. A circle can be found on the back of the kit you buy to cut out. How awesome is that????
3. Place your circle in the middle of the white button maker.
4. Take the metal circle button piece and place in the middle too. Push down into the button case.
5. Smush the fabric sticking up down......
6. Using the back metal piece of your button and push down with the blue pusher downer piece that comes in the kit ( I know... I am using such technical words!!!)
7. Turn the button maker over and push on the bottom to get the button out.
8. And you are finished!!!!
See how a girl could consider button making addicting and fun. I even had my husband make one today. He didn't seem to have the same enthusiastic response as I did. Guess he just doesn't get it!
Off to finish another apron and some tote bags!!