June 28, 2008

I Received An Award: Cue The Music!!!

*****WE THE PEOPLE TOTE SWAP DETAILS FOUND BELOW THIS POST*****



What an exciting way to start my day off by learning that I had received an award from a wonderful friend!! Not just any award either kids!! I received the Arty Y Pico Award from the wonderful Yarni Gras!. The Arte Y Pico is awarded to blogs that you consider deserving due to their creativity, design, interesting material and for their contributions to the blogging community. She was kind enough to select me for a virtual award for having a great and creative blog. How awesome is that? She is so creative and seriously folks - this lady can do it all. Check out her blog!! So - of course - when kindness is paid to you - you must pass it on!!!

Here are my top 5 choices to be winners as well for fantastically inspiring blogs:


  • Lucy from My Byrd House - if you haven't met Lucy or checked out her blog - you are missing out. This woman not only can bake and sew - but does it all while raising a big family, taking care of her mom, and running a farm. The most endearing quality I find inspiring from Lucy is her honest concern for others lives and the desire to see all enjoy the world of sewing and creating. She is an active supporter of her community and if you haven't heard of the Apron Angels yet - you must check it out today.

  • Christy from Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time - Christy's blog will amaze you!! How this woman finds the time to work, enjoy time with family, and sew everything that she does - well - the woman must not sleep EVER!!! She continually inspires me to try things that I haven't yet due to fear of not succeeding. Her blog reminds me that even if a project didn't turn out the way you thought - well - take it apart and try again. Her enthusiasm and humor help me get through my sewing adventures!

  • Sarah from A Needle & Threads - not only is this girl my best friend, but she is the World's Best Mom. The crafts that she does with her children and the creations she makes for them - is amazing. Sarah makes her crafts and sewing look effortless. How great is it to have a best friend who loves to sew? Her blog is a must see!

  • Trash from TrashCan - I just met Trash through a swap I joined and let me tell you - her blog makes me laugh. She is witty and goes through life on her own path - and that inspires me. Her crafts are great but I like her spin on life. She is internationally awesome to me (she lives in the UK) and makes this silly American girl long to live in the UK. UK girls always seem to have the grandest lives - and Trash is the finest example of that!!

  • Alicia from Posie Gets Cozy - Have you ever wanted to live somewhere and experience the culture of someone else? I daily long to live in Alicia's shoes. Not only is she inspiring with all of her crafts, she is a survivor, she has a loving husband and friends, and a thriving craft business. The best thing about Alicia is that she shares her secrets for success and how to do crafts. Her blog makes me feel like I can sit down and do anything. Plus - her studio would make an crafting girl completely envious!! I want that studio!!!!

Thanks Yarni Gras! for this awesome award and for the fun!! Here are the rules!

  • Arte Y Pico Rules:
    1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
    2. Each awardee has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
    3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
    4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
    5. Display these rules

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! It's fun to see this award spreading and to check out the blogs that are being bestowed the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey -- I really appreciate the nomination and your very kind words. You are so sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net