April 7, 2008

Patterns: 2 down, 1 to go




I cut out some patterns this weekend from two projects I plan on completing soon. The first one is the Messenger Bag from Montessori By Hand. I am making six bags for all the girls going on our family and friends cruise this summer.


The second pattern I cut out this weekend was for a craft apron I am making for myself. I always end up searching for my scissors, pins, etc, and I hadn't found the right pattern yet. Until Saturday! I visited a fabric place that was divine. I think I heard a chorus of angels when I entered through the door. The fabric store was FILLED with fabric and so many crafty women. I loved it! If you don't live here with me, but would like to peruse the fabric selection, check out the Cabbage Rose! I picked up The Seamstress Apron by Craft Apple. I cannot wait to make it. Here is what it looks like:




Instead of using pom poms on the bottom, I bought some red tulle to make the apron a little sassy!! Here are the fabrics I plan on using for my apron:




I am using some of my favorite fabrics I own PLUS the cherry material I won from the Flirty Apron Swap. I spent time cutting the pattern out for the craft apron too!






I used tissue paper to trace the pattern off of paper that came included in the pattern packets. I know how clumsy I can be, so once I cut the patterns out - I ironed interfacing on the back of each cutout to give a little more substance to work with. Now I hopefully won't tear up my patterns!! I used the cheap stuff you can get at JoAnn for $1.59!

Much of my weekend was spent on prep. For anyone who sews - you know that prep is the longest part to the sewing experience. Now - on to some projects finally!!!

2 comments:

  1. You were busy this weekend...ok I have to be mom here for a sec...you are getting your homework done too right? Smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed.......I've never thought about using webbing to reinforce a pattern.....great idea.

    let me know how the bags go....I am ready to get that same pattern. Where did you get the apron pattern? cute!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net