August 24, 2012

Next WIP to complete

I started this quilt back with the quilt along. I did great until it was time to add the background shade. I chose a new background fabric twice as each did not quite fit well enough with the star.  Both times it WAY overpowered my star.  So, I put it away for awhile as I was frustrated and now I have brought it back out to see the light!!  Now, back to the same question I had a few months ago - what color to use?????

made in cherry2

I used a tangerine and that was way too bright. I had a lilac purple and it looked way out of place.  I have considered a dark eggplant purple.  What do you think? Any suggestions?  I want to try to stay away from white and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net