March 20, 2008

Thank You

I couldn't have as much fun as I had the last couple of days without your help. My husband received 12 comments. 12 comments!!!!! I don't know if I will be seeing a dress form any day soon, but I have to say I think I noticed more of a strut while my husband was walking around the house in the last day!! He was such a good sport and we really enjoyed the comments. Many of you I have known for awhile and some of you have become new friends. Thank you for your interest in my blog and for being interested in a hobby of mine.

The other day I had a friend say that she was tired of not being happy. It has stayed with me since she has said it, and made me stop and consider - what makes someone happy? I am blessed with good health, a wonderful husband, a great family, loyal and funny friends, a fantastic job, the chance to return to school and an appreciation for humorous things. With all those things said, what truly makes me happiest is the peace I have received through crafts. When sewing and making an item, I get to be who I want to be. I get to wear what fits me and makes me happy. I get the satisfaction of knowing I am able to create something that will make me happy. According to my studies that I am currently in with school right now, the age range of the 30's is a more peaceful time than the 20's and it is a time of understanding and exploring one's identity. Now I am in the beginning of this phase since I just turned 31, but I am finding some truth in that identity development.

I think I am happy because I am finally allowing myself to become who I want to become, and giving myself permission to not apologize for who I want to be. I spent so much time in my early 20's especially worried about pleasing everyone else first and not wanting to step on ANYONE'S toes, that I pushed what I liked and enjoyed to the back. I basically told my identity to take a back seat to the identity that others wanted me to be. I am happy to say that sewing has shown me that I am the best of who I am when I am making and creating.

We crafters are lucky people. Our individuality is celebrated and encouraged by all. SO - a big thank you to all of you for your kind comments, your interest in what I make, for my old friends who have walked with me as I have slowly begun to understand who I am and for the new friends who have just started this journey with me. Find out what makes you happiest and enjoy it to the fullest!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think choosing the right attitude despite life's obstacles plays such a large part of people's happiness...I'm glad you have chosen to be happy. It will serve you well.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net