May 29, 2008

A Day Of Surprises!!!!

The husband and I have had quite a week of tough decisions to make and conflicting work hours, which adds strain. So, we were in need of some happiness and uplifting thoughts in our house. I got those thoughts today. I got home from work tonight - after working all day at JoAnn and then heading to the second job - so tired and worn out! To my delight, two packages were sitting on the table for me. One I expected, the other I did not. The first surprise was the from my most wonderful and dear friend Val - from Yarni Gras! When I first met Val online, I stalked and admired an apron she had so smartly crafted out of a skirt from Target. Well, to my delight, I received that apron from her as a surprise tonight. Talk about improving my week and weekend. It was the perfect gift and something so needed, that it has made the week turn from yucky to awesome. Here I am smiling so big in the picture - even my cat likes it:




Then I opened the next package on my table, and it was the sock monster I couldn't wait to receive. Remember how I was the Jr Grand Champion for the Crafters for Obama contest? If not, take a look at my shirt, I am quite proud of my entry! Well, I won a sock monster created by the oh so talented F. Pea. She is amazing. Look at my monster and sticker I received:


I don't know what I am going to name him yet, but the name should have something to do with Obama - at least I think so!!!

As you can tell, I had a fantastic evening coming home. I am behind on a couple of my swaps due this weekend, so I hope to get all caught up by Sunday!! I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. that apron looks really cute on you. glad you liked it! and the little sock monster is adorable.....but you still need a funky monster name for him....is it a him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's wonderful! I just love how little "pick-me-up" surprises come along at just the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad these items were able to make you smile, after the week you've had you deserve it. I love the apron and the monster. Maybe you can name your monster, Sasquatch for old time sakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have helped to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind??

Hits Since January 9, 2009!

Free Hit Counter by Pliner.Net